Last week from Wednesday to Sunday I was in Denmark; there was the Calvary Chapel Scandinavia conference. For me it was not just a conference where I helped out; for me it was an experience full of miracles and God´s merci and his leading: Anja asked me a few weeks ago if I would like to go to this conference to help out there. I was immediately totally enthusiastic for it; even if I didn´t know who would come with me and what my task would be. But than I figured out that I had to work these days; so I had to try if one of my co-workers would switch with me some days. But I didn´t hoped that somebody would swap so many days with me. But I prayed; if God really wanted me to go he could make it possible. And it worked out; one of my co-workers swapped all the se days with me.
Anja left for vacation and I had to organize everything for our vacation to Denmark and I got in contact with the guy how organized everything. I still didn´t know for sure who would come with me; but he told me that we would be in charge of the kids-ministry and that we would have 11 kids in different ages and with different languages. If I would have known before that I would be in charge of the kids-ministry there; I think I would not was so enthusiastic for the whole thing.
How ever; now we had our small team together; three girls (Wendy and Katha and I) would drive with the Bible collage car to Denmark. Everything was taken care of, even the payment for the transportation to Denmark; it was amazing and we all were exited.
Two nights before we wanted to leave; I had my last night to work and during that night I got sick. I felt so bad and after work was over I went home in my bed immediately. Fever and diarrhea made me feeling so bad that I was not able to get up to move out from the apartment I stayed into the next where I would stay after Denmark. I texted about 10 people and asked them to pray for me, but I was sure that it would be a miracle if I would be able to drive to Denmark. I cried and gave it back to God; I was so sure he wanted me to go but no the door was closed; but if he still wanted me to go he could just make it possible.
After sleeping for another while I felt much better and I was able to clean up the apartment at least a little bit (sorry Miri&Andrew) and I moved to the next one. I still felt sick but much better than before and I decided if I would feel like this tomorrow morning I would go to Denmark.
Finally we made it to Denmark; I slept the most of the ride and was very thankful that Katha and Wendy liked it to drive.
I
thought that would be enough of God´s hand in the whole thing; but it turned out that we would need God especially for the whole time there with the kids. 16 kids in the ages of 2 to 12, four different languages and some of them didn´t understand english at all. But God took care of everything; each single session. He gave us great ideas for games and he helped us to find ways to communicate with the kids; he gave us the strength when we thought we could not do it
any longer. It was really amazing to see how God works even in the “little” things or rather for the little ones.
Now I am back and I really miss it. I am so thankful that we could be a blessing for all the parents there and also for the kids. I am so thankful for the great time, the beautiful nature, the ocean we directly stayed at, the great weather. God showed me again and he proved it that when I trust in him, that he will take care of everything; and if I give everything back in his hands, that his will, will be done.
1 Kommentar:
hooray! i am so glad you were able to go, bin.
AND i am so glad you came to get me.
AND you're amazing.
love,
the a-b.
Kommentar veröffentlichen